The requirements for a BGS degree are as follows:
I. University Studies Requirements (General Education)
48 hours (51 hours beginning Fall 2007 catalog)
II. Major Requirements
30 hours at 300-500 level, select any (39 hours beginning Fall 2008 catalog)
III. General Requirements for Graduation
- Residency at Southeast-at least 30 hours at Southeast
- Current residency at Southeast-12 of final 18 hours must be taken at Southeast
- Grade Point Average at Southeast: 2.0 minimum required
- Grade Point Average Cumulative: 2.0 minimum required
- Writing Proficiency - WP003 75 Hour Writing Proficiency Exam with passing score required
- A student cannot take more than 30 hours in the College of Business while seeking this degree.
- Measure of Academic Proficiency and Progress (MAPP 2).
- CL001, CL002, CL003, CL004 (Fall 2005 or later catalog)
IV. Other Requirements
- TOTAL hours required:
120 hours required for graduation
- ALL required developmental courses must be completed.
To officially declare a Bachelor of General Studies major, please visit the University Studies Advising Center in Academic Hall, room 317.