The Web Q
The Office of Web Design & Support operates a web-based ticketing system to centralize and address support and troubleshooting requests.
- Visit the Web Q at http://wds.semo.edu/help and log in using your Southeast Key and password.
- After logging in, you will be taken to the Dashboard, which displays your previously created tickets and provides an option to create a new ticket.
Creating a Ticket
Submitting a new ticket will essentially create a new conversation thread, similar to the way a forum works. Each submitted ticket must include either the page ID or live web address (URL) for the page (or pages) involved in the request. Providing this information helps us to quickly identify and locate the content being referenced. Please note that the Open Text session URL provides no information; we need to have the address of the page as it exists on the live website.
Each time the ticket is updated, a notification email is sent to the author of the ticket. After receiving such an email, click on the link within the email to open the ticket in your browser and submit a response if necessary.
Tickets Are Classified by Status
- ‘New’ indicates that no one has yet opened your ticket
- ‘Open’ means the ticket has been viewed but not yet assigned,
- ‘In Progress’ means the ticket been assigned and someone in our office is processing the request.
- ‘Awaiting Response’ indicates that we have asked a question and are waiting on your reply before continuing.
- ‘Resolved’ indicates that the ticket has been addressed. You will be unable to post to a ticket after it has been resolved, so follow-up questions should be submitted in a separate ticket with the previous ticket number referenced in the Subject line.
File Upload Requests
Files can be attached to the ticket by clicking the ‘Multiple File Upload’ button to the right of the text field when creating a ticket. This is the required method for submitting media gallery content for the Asset Manager. Once the file has been uploaded, a representative from Web Design & Support will reply to your ticket and provide the exact file name(s) of the uploaded document(s).