For Early Care and Education Professionals. Core content areas include:
Child Growth and Development
Understand how children acquire language and creative expression and develop physically, cognitively, and socially.
- Child Growth and Development
Learning Environment and Curriculum
Establish an environment that provides learning experiences that meet each child's needs, capabilities, and interests.
- Creating the Learning Environment and General Curriculum
- Promoting Physical Development
- Promoting Cognitive Development
- Promoting Language/Communication Development
- Promoting Social Development
- Promoting Creative Expression
Child Observation and Assessment
Observe and assess what children know and can do in order to provide curriculum that meets their developmental and learning needs.
- Observation and Assessment
Families and Communities
Work collaboratively with families and agencies/organizations to meet children's needs and to encourage the community's involvement with early care and education.
- Relationships with Families
- Use of Community Resources
Health, Safety, and Nutrition
Establish and maintain an environment that ensures children's healthy development, safety, and nourishment.
- Knowledge of Regulations
- Environmental Safety
- Responding to Health Needs of Children
Interactions with Children
Establish supportive relationships with children and guide them as individuals and as a part of a group.
- Providing Individual Guidance
- Enhancing Group Experiences
Program Planning and Development
Establish, implement, and evaluate an early care and education program.
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Personnel Management
- Financial Management
Professional Development and Leadership
Serve children and families in a professional manner and participate in the community as a representative of early childhood care and education.
- Displaying Professionalism in Practice
- Ongoing Professional Growth
- Leadership and Advocacy