Grants and Loans
First Children's Finance - Missouri
Do You Need Money for Your Child Care Program? Low Interest Funds Are Available Now!
First Children’s Finance - Missouri can help! The Missouri Child Care Resource & Referral
Network has partnered with Development Corporation For Children to make available
loans for Family Child Care Providers, Child Care Centers and Early Education Programs.
Loans are now available from $1000 to $75,000. The loans can be used for any of the
- Start-up Costs
- Egress Windows
- Working Capital
- Toys & Equipment
- Technical Assistance
- Additional Needs Eligibility includes:
- Licensed family child care providers, licensed child care centers, Head Start and
other early education programs located in the state of Missouri.
- Start-up family child care providers who will become licensed as a result of participation
in the loan fund may also apply.
- 20% of the children in the applicant’s care must come from households with incomes
meeting MO Child Care Subsidy eligibility guidelines.
- Family child care applicants must own the home for which an improvement loan is being
- Projects that are unable to secure child care business loans from conventional sources.
For an application, call toll-free 1-866-562-6801.
Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
For information regarding the Missouri Preschool Project (MPP) grants, visit the Early
Childhood Office of the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
website, or contact them at (573) 751-2095.
Missouri Department of Social Services
For more information regarding the Department of Social Services Child Care Grant,
please visit their website.