See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
Women in Economics
Women in Economics is an organization that supports professional development and academic
success of women who major (or minor) in Economics.
- Advisor: Dr. Natallia Gray
- Meetings: Tuesday nights, 7-8 p.m., DH 216
- Purpose: To engage in at least one professional development opportunity related to
economics each month.
- President: Kyra Minder
Fall 2019 - Spring 2020
- 09/26/2019: Attending Southeast Entrepreneurship and Economic Development Symposium
- 10/01/2019: Job Search and Social Media for Economics Majors, Career Services presentation
- 10/18/2019: Participating in “Women in Economics” workshop, Samford University, Birmingham
- 10/21/2019: Sponsoring and attending “Women in Entrepreneurship Week” Panel Discussion
- 11/07/2019: Attending “Bankers Life Etiquette Dinner”
- 02/27/2020: Attending “Women in Economics Symposium”, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland,
- TBD: Attending “Power of Women” Expo and Luncheon
- TBD: Reading “Women with Money;” and “A Woman’s guide to Successful Negotiating” books
- TBD: Mentoring Lunch with Economics Faculty
- 06/18-06/20 2020: Attending “Foundation for Economic Education Undergraduate Student
Connect with us through Campus Life
Connect with us through Facebook