COVID-19 Information

See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including a list of University contact information at

Request for Services

How to contact Disability Support Services

New/first-time students registering with Disability Services (DS):

It is highly recommended that requests for disability-related programs and services be made as soon as you are an enrolled student by completing the First-Time Disability Services Students online intake/public accommodation form.

Once your intake is complete (when we have your intake and supporting documentation), you will be contacted to set up an appointment with one of the DS staff before your accommodations will be approved. You can then request your semester-specific accommodations once you are registered with Disability Services.

First-Time Students Request

Current students (already registered with Disability Services):

Currently enrolled students will use Southeast Missouri State University Accommodate to request accommodations each semester. Students who have already completed the intake process and need to request accommodations can do so by logging into Accommodate with their SEMO key and password. Once you have logged onto Accommodate, click Accommodations tab and select Accessibility Request. Please note that accommodations do not automatically roll from semester to semester; you must request them for each semester. If you have any questions about this process, please contact us at 573-651-5927.

Current Students Request

Parents and Family:

DS staff are happy to answer general disability questions but cannot share student-specific information with anyone other than the student. Unlike high school, student disability files (or Individualized Education Programs or 504 Plans) do not follow university students throughout their university career. University staff do not know about or automatically accommodate student disabilities unless the student discloses. It is important that students lead this process. Parents that have questions on how to help their student to register for accommodations or have any other questions about our services, may call us at 573-651-5927 or email

Faculty and Staff:

If a student discloses a disability to you, please refer them to Disability Services website or staff immediately. Students that are new to Disability Services can complete the intake and registration process online by going to the First-Time Disability Services Students link.


Phone: 573.651.5927
Fax: 573.986.6031
Crisp Hall 201-202

Office of Accessibility Services
One University Plaza MS 8220
Cape Girardeau, Missouri 63701