Teacher Preparation Program Admission Requirements
Criteria for admission to the Teacher Preparation Program:
- 42 course hours completed
- 2.75 cumulative GPA
- One of the following
- Composite/Superscore of 20 or higher on the ACT exam
- Passing scores on all sections of the Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA)*#
- Have a previous 4-year degree from an accredited college/university.
- The following course requirements met
- A grade of C or above in CF/PY120 The Child (Elementary, Early, and Exceptional) or
PY222 Development of the Adolescent (Middle and Secondary)
- A grade of B or above in ED280 Introduction to Education as a Profession or ME222
Principles of Teaching Music (ME222 – starting in Fall 2015)
- International Students must also meet the following requirements:
- C1 (CEFR) level
- IELTS minimum score of 7.0 or TOEFL minimum score of 95
- *Note: This policy is for non-United States citizens who are not native English speakers.
Students from the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand are exempt from
English proficiency verification.
*As of January 1, 2019 – English/Lang. Arts 202, Writing 193, Math 200, Science/Social
#Students already admitted to the University should take the MoGEA instead of re-taking
All applications for admission to the Teacher Preparation Program should be submitted
to the Associate Dean’s Office by October 15 (for spring admission) and March 15 (for
fall admission) to guarantee admission prior to the priority registration dates.
Admission into the Teacher Preparation Program does not guarantee a student a seat
in any course.
To apply to the Teacher Preparation Program please click below.
- Log into the Redhawk system and click on “TPP Application” on the left side of the
screen to fill out the application.
- If you have never logged into the Redhawk system before, Click on “Forgot your Password?”
to reset your password. Once you have reset your password and logged back into the
Redhawk system follow the instructions above.
Application for Admission to the Teacher Preparation ProgramAppeal form for Admission to the Teacher Preparation Program
(All teacher candidates in the Teacher Preparation Program are required to have a
license for the portfolio/assessment software Chalk & Wire. You can purchase a 2-year
license from the bookstore during the semester in which you are enrolled in SE 350
or EL316. You won’t have to have it on the first day, but you will need it by the
end of the first month of the semester.)
Missouri General Education Assessment notes
Test registration at: https://www.mo.nesinc.com/