See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
Teacher Preparation Program Admission Requirements
Criteria for admission to the Teacher Preparation Program:
- 42 course hours completed
- One of the following
- Composite/Superscore of 20 or higher on the ACT exam
- Passing scores on all sections of the Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA)*#
- Have a previous 4-year degree from an accredited college/university.
- The following course requirements met
- A grade of C or above in CF/PY120 The Child (Elementary, Early, and Exceptional) or
PY222 Development of the Adolescent (Middle and Secondary)
- A grade of B or above in ED280 Introduction to Education as a Profession or ME222
Principles of Teaching Music (ME222 – starting in Fall 2015)
- International Students must also meet the following requirements:
- C1 (CEFR) level
- IELTS minimum score of 7.0 or TOEFL minimum score of 95
- *Note: This policy is for non-United States citizens who are not native English speakers.
Students from the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand are exempt from
English proficiency verification.
*As of January 1, 2019 – English/Lang. Arts 202, Writing 193, Math 200, Science/Social
#Students already admitted to the University should take the MoGEA instead of re-taking
Please allow 5 to 7 business days to process applications.
TPP Application Appeals Form
(All teacher candidates in the Teacher Preparation Program are required to have a
license for the portfolio/assessment software Chalk & Wire. You can purchase a 2-year
license from the bookstore during the semester in which you are enrolled in SE 350
or EL316. You won’t have to have it on the first day, but you will need it by the
end of the first month of the semester.)
Missouri General Education Assessment notes
Test registration at: https://www.mo.nesinc.com/