See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
- Research, Inquire, and Integrate – As a result of this course, students will…
- develop critical thinking skills and creative capacities with the purpose of solving
- develop information literacy skills in researching and evaluating information, ideas,
claims, and arguments.
- identify and articulate their skills, strengths, knowledge, and experiences and begin
to align academic and career interests.
- continue their orientation to college life and become acquainted with university resources,
organizations, and the structure of Southeast Missouri State University.
- Express and Communicate – As a result of this course, students will…
- develop written, oral, electronic, and visual expression skills to discover and articulate
ideas and viewpoints.
- Engage in a Diverse World - – As a result of this course, students will…
- examine how their background and experiences impact their values and assumptions and
explain the influence these have on their relationship with others.
- explore and reflect on their motivation for their participation in and their role
within the Southeast Missouri State University academic community.
- examine and explain the value of living in a diverse, interconnected, and changing
- engage in constructive, responsible, and ethical behavior in the classroom, campus,
and larger communities.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Students will research and evaluate information, ideas, claims, and arguments using
a variety of source types.
- Students will demonstrate effective written communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of living in a diverse and changing world.