See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
- Students are encouraged to have current Tetanus (TDap) within the past 10 years.
- Meningitis vaccine, beginning Fall 2015, is required for all students living in on-campus
housing at a Missouri public institution of higher education. The Advisory Committee
on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommends that students receive the vaccine within
5 years of beginning college. A booster will be required for students who received
their initial vaccination at age 11-12.
- Childhood immunizations including Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Varicella, Measles, Mumps
and Rubella (MMR) are also recommended if students have not been immunized as a child.
- Gardasil to protect against HPV and cervical cancer is recommended if students did
not receive this series as an adolescent.
- Flu shots are recommended yearly, as well, and are offered starting in the fall.
The Campus Health clinic will bill for each vaccine and the administration of the
vaccine. Unfortunately, we are unable to determine the coverage specific to your insurance.
Please contact your insurance directly for any questions you have regarding coverage
or copays. You will be billed for any amounts that are not covered by your insurance.
Students may come by the Campus Health Clinic or make an appointment by calling 573-651-2270.
Please make sure to arrive early to complete paperwork. Also, bring a copy of your
immunization record. You should be able to obtain your records from your home Primary
Care Provider or home health department.