See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
- It is highly recommended that you open a bank account as it can make transferring
funds between your home bank account and your new account in the United States easier.
We cannot provide any general university bank account details.
- We advise that you carry only a small amount of cash with you while traveling to reduce
the risk of loss or theft. Though needs vary widely, we suggest that students bring
at least $500 in cash to cover meals and other immediate expenses.
- There are much safer options to get more money into the United States when you arrive.
These include money order, bank transfer, and ATM withdrawal.
- The University also partners with Flywire for a cost-effective way for international students to wire funds from their home
- New students are expected to pay their bills on a semester-by-semester basis. Tuition
and housing costs are typically due the Friday of the first week of classes. Graduate
or exchange students who enroll prior to arrival may be required to pay by an earlier
- For a small fee, you may sign up for a payment plan, allowing you to pay your bill
Refer to the estimated cost sheet for minimum yearly expenses and semo.edu/sfs for all payment options and due dates.