See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
Admission to the RN to BSN Online Program is separate from the University. Our online
advisor, Leah Michel, is happy to help you through the admission process. She can
be contacted at 573-651-2766.
University Application (New Students)
- Apply online (Choose the 'Domestic for Undergraduate/Graduate' Application)
- When selecting your major please make sure to select Nursing RN-BSN.
- Request official transcripts from ALL previously attended colleges and universities
to be sent directly from the institution to the Admissions office. Submit transcripts
electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Southeast Missouri State University
Office of Admissions
One University Plaza, MS 3550
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
After Acceptance to the Unviersity
Following your acceptance to the University, an advisor from the Southeast Online
office will evaluate your transcripts and inform you whether or not you have the prerequisites
necessary for admission to the RN-BSN Online program. The following must be completed
in order to qualify for admission:
- 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Current valid nursing license in the U.S.
- Current professional liability insurance
- Current professional CPR licensure
- Completed a background check
- Completed the following prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or better:
- Anatomy and Physiology I (must transfer in)
- Anatomy and Physiology II (must transfer in)
- English Composition II
- Microbiology (must transfer in)
- Completed most non-nursing requirements
RN to BSN Online Program Application
When you qualify for admission to the RN-BSN program, you will receive a letter giving
you instructions on how to sign up for CastleBranch.com. Once all of the requirements
have been met you will then be admitted to the program and will be able to start taking
You must be a permanent resident of Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky or Arkansas.