See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic at semo.edu/covid19.
Begin August 23
Next session begins
You know you want to make a difference. We want you to design the program to do so.
Tailor Your Degree
Our Bachelor of Arts in social science allows you the flexibility to select concentrations
tailored for the career you want. From economics to law enforcement to sociology and
beyond, you'll choose from six concentrations to match your interest and career goals.
It's 100% online, so you study on your schedule without ever having to come to campus.
Plus, our same expert faculty who teach on campus teach online.
Southeast's Personal Support
On your schedule doesn't mean on your own. Faculty, advisors, and our skilled Career
Services team will guide you to your goals.
Download Program Info
The numbers tell the story…
per credit hour
department graduates employed or in grad school
- Customizable degree
- Fast degree to complete with prior credits
- 4-, 8-, and 16-week courses to meet your learning preferences
- Award-winning advising and coaching team
- Year-round classes to reduce time to degree
We let our graduates do the talking...
"The lessons I learned and the tools that I acquired from Southeast have continued
to help me everyday in my position. Because the classes and programs are so well rounded
I have been able to try many things in my career path and have enjoyed the opportunities
that my education has afforded me."Bessie Conner, '14Southeast Online graduate
Our Alumni Go Places.
From government to big corporations, our social science graduates lead change and
impact policy around the globe.
Below are just a few examples of the companies who hire graduates from the College
of Humanities and Social Science at Southeast Missouri State.
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
- Enterprise Holdings
- Guin, Mundorf LLC
- Missouri Botanical Gardens
- Missouri Court of Appeals
- Missouri History Museum
- Missouri House of Representatives
- Missouri Recovery Network
- Missouri State Highway Patrol
- National Transportation Safety Board
- Nestle Purina
- Redwood Logistics
- Sherwin Williams
- State of Missouri
- St. Louis Art Museum
- The Center for Youth and Family
- United States Air Force
- United States Department of Forestry
- United States Department of State
- United States Peace Corps
- United States Secret Service
You'll understand social science methods, choosing areas of interest to customize
a program well-suited for pursuits in research analysis, business, or careers in military
and government. Our exceptionally qualified faculty from various disciplines work
with students in small, online class settings to challenge students to learn across
disciplines and develop their skills for the career path they choose.
- Admission to the University meets requirements for entry into the social science program.
View full requirements
- OS 200. Survey of Social Science.
Survey of the origins, development, and practice of social science in the disciplines
of history, political science, economics, sociology, anthropology, psychology, and
- OS 300. Problems in Social Science.
Investigation of selected problems in the social science disciplines. (3).
- OS 400. Social Science Research Methods.
Introduction to concepts of research methods in social science with emphasis on developing
questions and hypotheses, reviewing literature, planning studies, gathering and analyzing
data, and writing reports of results. (3).
View all courses
Why Wait? Start Today.