COVID-19 Information

See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including a list of University contact information at

Withdrawal Process

To withdraw from Southeast and all Southeast courses: 

  • Email the Office of Admissions at (using your Southeast email) with the following information:
    • Name
    • Southeast ID Number
    • Message saying you will not be attending Southeast
    • This allows us to assist you with cancelling the following items:
      • Housing Contract (if applicable)
      • Dropping registered courses (if applicable)
      • Cancelling financial aid awards or scholarship offers (if applicable)
      • Cancelling an orientation reservation (if applicable)
      • Cancelling a CampRedhawk reservation (if applicable)
  • Check the Academic Calendar ( for last day to drop a class.
  • Speak to your instructors and academic advisor to discuss your options.
  • Check the Refund Schedule ( and contact Student Financial Services with any questions about how withdrawing may impact your bill, scholarships, or financial aid.
    • Dropping courses may result in financial aid being returned to the university, federal, or state sources.
    • Dropping courses may also result in being placed on financial aid warning, financial aid suspension, and/or losing the ability to renew scholarships.
  • Contact the Registrar’s Office to complete a Withdrawal Form or complete the course withdrawals through the portal:
    • Registration changes in the portal must occur between 7am-9pm.
    • If withdrawing through the portal, please review your schedule afterwards to make sure you have withdrawn from all registered coursework.
    • Withdrawn courses may appear as a W on your transcript. If you are withdrawing after the semester has begun, a withdrawal comment will appear on your transcript.
    • If you have preregistered for an upcoming semester and do not plan to attend, please make sure to withdraw from these courses as well.
    • For questions, contact the Registrar’s Office.
  • Speak with the following offices:
    • If you are living in a residence hall or have a meal plan, complete a Petition for Termination of Housing Contract form online or at the Office of Residence Life.
      • If you withdrew through the Registrar’s Office, please bring a copy of the Withdrawal Form you received to expedite the process.
      • Schedule an appointment with your Resident Assistant to check out of your room. Failure to do so will result in a charge to your student account.
    • Return your textbooks to Textbook Rental. Failure to do so by the semester deadline will result in charges to your student account.
    • If you have a parking permit, return your parking sticker to the Department of Public Safety (DPS) for a possible partial credit of the cost.
    • If you are an international student on a F/J student visa, please meet with a Designated School Official at the Office of International Education and Services about your legal status.


Academic Hall 057
Registrar's Office
One University Plaza, MS 3760
Cape Girardeau, Missouri 63701