To withdraw from Southeast and all Southeast courses:
- Email the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org (using your Southeast email) with the following information:
- Southeast ID Number
- Message saying you will not be attending Southeast
- This allows us to assist you with cancelling the following items:
- Housing Contract (if applicable)
- Dropping registered courses (if applicable)
- Cancelling financial aid awards or scholarship offers (if applicable)
- Cancelling an orientation reservation (if applicable)
- Cancelling a CampRedhawk reservation (if applicable)
- Check the Academic Calendar (semo.edu/registrar/calendar) for last day to drop a class.
- Speak to your instructors and academic advisor to discuss your options.
- Check the Refund Schedule (semo.edu/sfs/calendar) and contact Student Financial Services with any questions about how withdrawing
may impact your bill, scholarships, or financial aid.
- Dropping courses may result in financial aid being returned to the university, federal,
or state sources.
- Dropping courses may also result in being placed on financial aid warning, financial
aid suspension, and/or losing the ability to renew scholarships.
- Contact the Registrar’s Office to complete a Withdrawal Form or complete the course
withdrawals through the portal:
- Registration changes in the portal must occur between 7am-9pm.
- If withdrawing through the portal, please review your schedule afterwards to make
sure you have withdrawn from all registered coursework.
- Withdrawn courses may appear as a W on your transcript. If you are withdrawing after
the semester has begun, a withdrawal comment will appear on your transcript.
- If you have preregistered for an upcoming semester and do not plan to attend, please
make sure to withdraw from these courses as well.
- For questions, contact the Registrar’s Office.
- Speak with the following offices:
- If you are living in a residence hall or have a meal plan, complete a Petition for Termination of Housing Contract form online or at the Office of Residence Life.
- If you withdrew through the Registrar’s Office, please bring a copy of the Withdrawal
Form you received to expedite the process.
- Schedule an appointment with your Resident Assistant to check out of your room. Failure
to do so will result in a charge to your student account.
- Return your textbooks to Textbook Rental. Failure to do so by the semester deadline
will result in charges to your student account.
- If you have a parking permit, return your parking sticker to the Department of Public
Safety (DPS) for a possible partial credit of the cost.
- If you are an international student on a F/J student visa, please meet with a Designated
School Official at the Office of International Education and Services about your legal