COVID-19 Information

See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including a list of University contact information at

Apply for Housing

Southeast Missouri State University offers new students, regardless of student classification the opportunity to live in one of the residence halls. The application process is simple and can be completed online once you have been admitted to the university. Southeast’s campus housing options include both traditional community-style housing and the popular suite-style housing.

Residence hall rooms are single, double or triple occupancy. When space allows, students can request to contract a double occupancy room as a private. There is an upcharge for this option. To make a request for a private room email

Residency Requirements

New Students

All students are required to live on campus for their first two years of enrollment. Students who begin in the summer are required to live on campus for the Fall and Spring semesters. For the purpose of meeting the University’s residency requirement, summer semesters are not included.

Students requesting an exemption to the on-campus policy must complete a Request for Release from the University’s Residency Requirement.

International Students

International Education and Services will be your primary contact for all important information regarding your admission and arrival at Southeast Missouri State University. Students arriving outside of the approved arrival dates are charged $25 per night. You are encouraged to complete the housing contract prior to your arrival. 

The application process is simple and can be completed online once you have been admitted to the university. You have two options to make your deposit, electronic check or credit/debit card. If you use a credit or debit card, you will be asked to provide a billing address. Some country codes are not accepted in this system.

For the purpose of completing the transaction please use 1000 Towers Circle, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701. Using this billing address does not change where you receive your credit card statement.

Current Students

Current students can complete their Contract for University Housing beginning in September. Students who complete the contract process prior to January 1 will be in  1st Tier of Priority during room selection, while current students that submit a contract from Jan 1 - Mar 1 will be placed in Tier 2 and will still have the ability to self-assign into a room.  

Students requiring special accommodations should contact the Office of Residence Life at their earliest convenience to discuss available housing options.

Students who cancel their housing contract prior to participation in the room selection process will not be charged a penalty fee. Students who participate in the room selection process and subsequently cancel their housing contract by finals week will be charged a cancellation fee equivalent to the amount of the housing deposit.  

Contract Instructions

Your housing contract is completed through the MySoutheast portal and you'll be walked through each step of the way once you reach the Residence Life Housing Portal.

  1. Log in to MySoutheast at
  2. Select the "Student SS" tab at the top of the page.
  3. Locate the Residence Life channel and select the "Residence Life Housing Portal". From there you will be directed on how to proceed.
  4. A new Internet tab will open.
  5. Click on Residence Life Housing Portal
  6. Click on appropriate student classification, New Students or Current/Returning Students.
  7. Click on Complete Housing Contract.
    1. Select appropriate application period.
    2. Select application period from drop down list and click Next.
    3. From the drop down list pick either new, returning or transfer; enter arrival date if different than official move-in day, select type from drop down list if eligible for a housing deposit waiver, and click Next.
    4. Review informational page and click Next.
    5. Review contract cancellation information and click Next.
    6. Click Upload to add a profile picture. This is optional.
    7. Verify all profile data and click Next.
    8. Enter any medical information, select appropriate meningitis vaccination response and click Next.
    9. In the Special Interest Housing section, choose the community you want to apply for acceptance. You will be directed to the application at the end of the contract. Click Next.
    10. Enter all preference information.
      1. Select preferences on viewing student information.
      2. Select meal plan preference.
      3. Click on the green plus sign to rank your building choices in order of priority. (No residence hall is guaranteed.) Click "Finish."
    11. Agree to the terms and conditions of the Contract for University Housing.
      1. Check the five I understand boxes.
      2. Enter Southeast ID number (capital S and a zero, not an O).
      3. If under 18 years of age, enter parent/guardian e-mail address for signature authority.
      4. Click on I Agree, then click on Okay.
      5. Close the windows to return to MySoutheast.
  8. Pay the $150 housing deposit.
    1. While still logged on to MySoutheast, click on the Student SS tab.
    2. Locate the Residence Life channel, click on Pay Housing Deposit.
    3. Click on Pay Housing Deposit again.
    4. Follow the prompts to pay via credit/debit or electronic check.

Go to the Portal

More Housing Information

Summer school housing is provided for students who need to remain in the Residence Halls. Because of the limited demand for summer housing and the high demand for space for summer camps and conferences, we limit all summer school housing to just one residence hall. Students electing to live on campus during the summer of 2020 will live in Towers South. All summer rooms will be considered private rooms (1 student per room) at no additional charge!

Apply for Summer School Housing

Students wishing to live on campus during the summer should complete the Summer Contract for University Housing on the Residence Life Housing Portal on your "MySoutheast" page. Please note the session(s) you will need housing and what meal plan you would like to choose. Summer housing assignments are typically made after Spring Break and on a rolling process thereafter.


You can see the daily rate for the summer term by opening the summer room rate sheet.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do the same rules apply during the summer as the academic year?

Yes, as noted on the Contract for Summer Housing the same policies and rules for the academic year apply during the summer. You can read more about the rules and policies of the residence halls by reading the Resident Handbook.

Are there desk, custodial, and maintenance services during the summer?

Yes. Many of the same services during the academic year are also provided during the summer. The Towers Desk does not operate as a 24 hour desk, however, regular mail and desk services are provided. Custodial and maintenance services are unchanged during the summer term.

Can I change rooms?

Yes, but only within the summer housing residence hall. You should contact the Summer Hall Director to discuss a room change. You can contact the Residence Life Office at 573-651-2274 for more information on contacting the Summer Hall Director.

Are there meals during the summer?

Yes. Students can select from two different meal plans during the summer. Chartwells provides dining services throughout the summer. Summer dining will be at either the University Center during the beginning of the summer and then at Towers Café once the camp and conference season is underway.

To help new students who are relocating to Southeast Missouri State University from great distances and who already meet the University residency requirement, or will meet the requirement by the end of the first semester of attendance at Southeast, we offer a one semester transitional housing program. Students who meet the University residency requirement prior to their enrollment at Southeast and are only in need of housing for one semester can request participation in our transitional semester housing program. Through this program, a student can contract for a room and meal plan for one semester. At the end of the semester the student can choose to leave the residence hall without being responsible for paying any buyout or cancellation charges or remain on campus. Note: This program is for new students who request this program prior to their arrival at Southeast. Students who request cancellation of their housing or meal contract once the semester begins, and have not made prior arrangements to participate in the transitional program, will be responsible for any cancellation or buyout charges if their cancellation is approved.

Students interested in our one semester transitional housing program should follow the steps below:

  1. Contact the Office of Residence Life prior to arrival at Southeast so arrangements can be made for your housing. Once contacted, the Office of Residence Life will verify you meet the University residency requirement and are therefore eligible for the semester transitional housing program. You will receive a written confirmation of your eligibility to participate, which will also include the waiver of any buyout charges if you move out of the residence halls after just one semester.
  2. Complete a Contract for University Housing and pay the housing deposit so your housing assignment can be arranged.
  3. It is our hope that each student will enjoy their on campus experience and will prefer to remain on campus for the second semester, however, if a student wishes to move off campus at the end of the fall semester you should contact the Office of Residence Life and your cancellation request will be approved without buy charges being assessed.

Important notes about the transitional housing program:

  • This program is for a full semester, most often the fall semester. This program is not intended for just a few days or weeks of on campus housing and then cancellation of the Contract for University Housing without penalty charges. Students interested in this arrangement should contact the Office of Residence Life to inquire about our Guest Housing options.
  • The student must contact the Office of Residence Life prior to the beginning of the semester the student plans to live on campus to indicate the interest in only living on campus for one semester.
  • Efforts are made to consider each students housing preferences, however, the date a student submits their Contract for University Housing and housing deposit will determine the availability of space in high priority residence halls.


(573) 651-2274
Towers Complex 102

Office of Residence Life
One University Plaza, MS 0055
Cape Girardeau, Missouri 63701