COVID-19 Information

See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including a list of University contact information at

Frequently Asked Questions

Payments can be made online through your student account, in person at the cashiers’ office, and through the mail. Additional payment information can be viewed online at:
Students who have not paid their balance by the due date will be assessed a late fee, and a hold will be placed on their account prohibiting further registration until the balance is paid. If the delinquency persists, students may be subject to class cancellation.

The most common reasons why financial aid has not been applied to your bill are:

The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is a reference number used to determine financial aid eligibility. The information you report on your FAFSA is used to calculate your EFC. Your EFC is not the amount of money your family will have to pay for college nor is it the amount of federal student aid you will receive.

If you have a past due balance, an account delinquent hold will be placed on your account. An account delinquent hold prevents adding or dropping classes, obtaining an official transcript, and receiving your diploma. To get the hold removed, your past due balance must be paid in full.

A 1098-T is a tuition statement that universities provide to help students and parents determine eligibility for educational tax credits. Your 1098-T, from Southeast, is produced and retrieved through a partnered company, Heartland ECSI. Your 1098-T will be available by Jan. 31 each year.Learn More


Phone: 573.651.2253
Fax: 573.651.5006

Summer Hours: 8am-4pm M-F,
(9am-4pm Wed)

Cashiers Office Hours: 1pm-4pm M,W,F

Student Financial Services
Academic Hall Room 019
One University Plaza, MS 3740
Cape Girardeau, Missouri 63701
Meet the Staff