See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
The Industrial-Organizational Psychology Program is designed to train potential psychologists
who can improve the functioning of various organizations worldwide. Each student must
choose between an internship and thesis track option.
What You'll Do
- Demonstrate knowledge of important aspects of core industrial-organizational domains
(e.g. performance appraisal and feedback, work motivation, and organizational development).
- Demonstrate knowledge of important aspects of additional industrial-organizational
domains (e.g. consumer behavior, human factors, and career development theory).
- Evaluate industrial-organizational psychology information based on the reliability,
validity, and generalizability of sources.
- Interpret descriptive and inferential statistical findings and graphs in the context
of their level of statistical significance, including the influence of effect size,
and explain these findings using APA style.
- Apply relevant psychology content knowledge to develop effective workplace solutions.
What You'll Study
- PY540 Personnel Psychology (3)
- PY556 Organizational Psychology (3)
- PY670 Job Analysis/Compensation (3)
- PY675 Legal/Ethical Considerations (3)
- PY681 Program Design/Evaluation (3)
View College Page