See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
The BFA in acting is a professional training program that prepares students for an
acting career in theatre, television, and film. Acting majors have the opportunity
to perform in six main stage productions each year, two second stage productions,
the Fault Line Film Festival, the River Campus Summer Arts Festival, as well as professional
summer employment and internships.
The rigorous training and varied experiences of the BFA in acting provides an excellent
foundation for careers in performance, as well as ancillary positions in the industry.
What You'll Do
- Train with experienced faculty and staff in the areas of movement, voice, stage combat,
Shakespeare, television, and film.
- Prepare for rewarding careers as a professional capable of performing in a variety
- Study and train in the beautiful River Campus, a multimillion dollar facility devoted
to the visual and performing arts.
- Benefit from an established program of collaboration with professional guest actors,
acting teachers, directors, casting agents, and designers.
- Establish relationships with professional actors, directors, casting agents, and theatre
companies through summer internships, outside auditions, master classes, theatre festivals
and a Senior Showcase in New York City.
What You'll Study
- TH218 Acting
- TH317 Voice for the Actor
- TH321 Stage Combat
- TH416 Acting Styles
View College Page
Request InfoApply NowView Degree Map
Previous Degree Maps
Internships & Career Opportunities
- Goodman Theatre in Chicago
- Second City
- Santa Fe Opera
- Lucille Lortell Theatre
- B-Street Theatre
- San Diego Musical Theatre
- Williamstown Festival
Graduate School Opportunities
- Julliard School of Drama
- Temple University
- Carnegie Mellon University
Costs at Southeast