See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
Agribusiness is a challenging, rewarding, multi-faceted industry. From large multinational
corporations to emerging food manufacturing and input supply firms, there is a strong
demand by agribusiness firms for more and better employees trained in both management
and the agricultural sciences. Using technology ranging from natural systems to artificial
insemination and embryo transfer systems, animal science involves the production,
packaging, transportation, marketing and regulation of food, medical and fiber products.
What You'll Do
- Take a variety of business-related courses such as: computer applications, accounting,
economics, management, marketing, sales and finance.
- Take agriculture courses like animal science, animal breed improvement, animal diseases,
nutrition, horse science and beef production.
- Complete an internship or research project.
- Be prepared for positions in management, sales, marketing, finance, policy and related
areas in the animal industry.
- Be provided with a basis for graduate work leading to a master’s degree or doctorate.
What You'll Study
- AY105 Animal Science Experience
- AY304 Principles of Animal Nutrition
- AY350 Animal Reproduction
- AY360 Animal Immunology & Diseases
View College Page
Request InfoApply NowView Degree Map
Previous Degree Maps
Internships & Career Opportunities
- Agriculture Sales
- Extension Agent
- Farm Manager
- Loan Officer
- Operations Manager
- Quality Control Analyst
- Research Technician
- USDA Meat Grader
- Cattle or Grain Merchandiser
- Reproduction Specialist
- Breed Association Marketing
- Therapeutic Riding Trainer
- Feed Lot Manager
Costs at Southeast