See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
Corporate communication majors develop skills that make them “most likely to succeed.”
The Wall Street Journal reports that leaders in corporations and industry consistently
rank communication skills among the most needed in the workplace. They identify communication
deficiencies as extremely common among employees and responsible for significant problems
with efficiency, safety and other concerns.
What You'll Do
- Interact with well-trained faculty in small-class settings.
- Learn and train in state-of-the-art facilities in Academic Hall and in the Harrison
College of Business in Dempster Hall.
- Develop oral, written, visual communication, listening, management, marketing, leadership
and other skills.
- Experience one-on-one advising to determine the best courses and minor (or second
major) best suited to the students goals and aspirations.
- Have access to our student organization COMMrades for service and networking opportunities.
What You'll Study
- MG362 Management Skills
- SC510 Leadership and Teambuilding
- SC310 Speech Writing
- MK342 Professional Selling
View College Page