See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
Chemistry is the branch of natural science that deals with the properties and classification
of matter, the changes that matter undergoes, and the energy associated with these
changes. Research by chemists increases our knowledge about chemicals and their roles
in the natural world and has led to the discovery and development of new and improved
products and advances in medicine, agriculture, food processing and other fields.
What You'll Do
- Gain a rigorous foundation in chemistry, science, math and DNA analysis in the context
of a broad university education.
- Interact closely with experienced faculty who are recognized for their writing, training,
professional affiliations and expertise.
- Study in the state-of-the-art, first-rate learning environment provided by the newly
renovated Magill Hall of Science, including dedicated forensic science and DNA analysis
- Have opportunities to pursue research and scholarship that help develop independent
thinking and problem solving.
- Meet educational requirements for DNA analysts prescribed by the FBI’s Quality Assurance
Standards for Forensic DNA Testing Laboratories.
What You'll Study
- BI173 Cell & Organismal Biology
- BI283 Genetics
- BI450 Molecular Biology
- CH312 Advanced Physical Chemistry
View College Page
Request InfoApply NowView Degree Map
Previous Degree Maps
Internships & Career Opportunities
- Buzzi Unicem USA
- Eli Lilly
- Exxon Mobil
- PPG Industries
- Proctor and Gamble
Graduate School Opportunities
- John Hopkins University
- Penn State University
- Purdue University
- Washington University
- University of Missouri
Costs at Southeast