See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
Physics is perhaps the most fundamental of the sciences. It involves the study of
the nature of basic things such as motion, forces, energy, matter, heat, sound, light,
and the atom. Engineering is the profession in which basic knowledge from the mathematical
and natural sciences is applied to develop new ways to utilize the materials and forces
of nature for the benefit of society.
What You'll Do
- Obtain a deep understanding of the fundamental principles of science and mathematics
underlying engineering and be able to apply them to meet the needs of society
- Have the ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within
realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical,
health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- Have the ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for physics
and engineering careers.
- Have the broad education necessary to understand the impact of physics and engineering
solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Be well prepared to pass the FE Exam.
What You'll Study
- CS155 Computer Science I
- EP240 Circuit Analysis
- EP305 Digital System Design
- EP461 Computer Applications
View College Page