See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
Integrated Marketing Communications builds skills in branding, advertising, social
media, public relations, internet marketing, sales promotion, event marketing, professional
sales, fund raising, etc. The focus is to develop the ability to create a unique message
and integrate it across a diverse set of media options. Students in this major have
a strong foundation in the areas of consumer behavior, marketing research and marketing
According to the Department of Labor, a sharp increase in the amount of advertising
in digital media, such as the Internet and wireless devices, will generate a need
for advertising managers to oversee new and innovative advertising programs.
What You'll Do
- Interact with highly qualified, award winning faculty.
- Participate in engaging and impactful client-based projects.
- Study in Robert A. Dempster Hall, an efficient and beautiful business building with
a look and feel of a corporate environment.
- Have access to more than 30 study-abroad programs offered with the Harrison College
of Business and Computing.
- Have access to Southeast’s Douglas C. Greene Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship,
one of the largest entrepreneurship programs in the Midwest. Entrepreneurial studies
prepare students to be creative and innovative in their chosen careers.
What You'll Study
- Focused study on Marketing Communications topics including digital marketing with
a capstone creative experience for an actual client
- Business research, consumer behavior analysis and marketing strategy
- A real-world experience: either an internship or study abroad
- A solid core of business courses encompassing all business disciplines, including
management, marketing, finance, accounting, business law, information systems, quantitative
analysis, business strategy and international business
- A set of support courses for development of skills in communication, computer applications,
ethical leadership, professionalism, and economic and statistical analysis
View College Page