See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
The marketing management option emphasizes the diversity of strategies for businesses
and not-for-profit organizations. Students prepare for careers such as a brand manager,
marketing manager, marketing consultant, distribution manager, product or brand manager,
pricing analyst, marketing research analyst, retail manager, purchasing manager, etc.
Students will also have a strong foundation in the areas of consumer behavior, advertising
and promotion, marketing research and marketing strategy.
According to the Department of Labor, employment of marketing managers will grow about
fourteen percent between 2010 and 2020. Median annual wages are ranked in the highest
quartile for marketing managers.
What You'll Do
- Interact with qualified, award winning faculty in a small class environment.
- Participate in engaging and impactful client-based projects.
- Study in Robert A. Dempster Hall, an efficient and beautiful business building with
a look and feel of a corporate environment.
- Have access to more than 30 study-abroad programs offered with the Harrison College
of Business and Computing.
- Have access to Southeast’s Douglas C. Greene Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship,
one of the largest entrepreneurship programs in the Midwest. Entrepreneurial studies
prepare students to be creative and innovative in their chosen careers.
What You'll Study
- Focused study on Marketing Management topics including brand marketing
- Business research, marketing communications, consumer behavior analysis and marketing
- A real-world experience: either an internship or study abroad
- A solid core of business courses encompassing all business disciplines, including
management, marketing, finance, accounting, business law, information systems, quantitative
analysis, business strategy and international business
- A set of support courses for development of skills in communication, computer applications,
ethical leadership, professionalism, and economic and statistical analysis
View College Page