See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
The Master of Public Administration (MPA) is a professional degree
that prepares students for a career in management of government
and nonprofit organizations.
What You'll Do
- Develop the skills to become responsible managers and policy makers by learning strategic
- Analyze the ethical considerations confronting public and nonprofit organizations
serving diverse communities in an evolving world.
- Elevate critical thinking skills that are both job relevant and theoretically grounded.
- Cultivate the ability to organize information and ideas and to communicate them effectively,
both in written reports and oral presentations.
- Engage in the development of leadership skills to successfully communicate with a
range of individuals, communities and organizations.
- Deepen the commitment to public service within the public sector.
- Work closely with a faculty advisor to expand their skills through scholarly and professional
opportunities beyond the classroom.
What You'll Study
- PS 502 Fundamentals of Public Administration
- PS 505 Organizational Theory and Behavior
- PS 518 Public Policy Analysis
- PS 545 Research Methods for Public Administrators