See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
The Bachelor of Arts in Writing with the option in Professional Writing allows students
to gain knowledge about creative writing, practical and professional communication,
stylistics, publishing and text production and rhetorical theory.
What You'll Do
- Interact with highly qualified, published and award-winning faculty
- Gain skills necessary for a wide array of career paths, and work in publishing, communication,
journalism and advertising fields
- Learn to write in many formats including professional reviews, creative writing, critical
analysis and report writing.
- Become part of a thriving writing community that holds regular readings of student
work and readings by nationally known writers
What You'll Study
- EN275 Introduction to Creative Writing
- EN376 Advanced Composition
- EN302 Small Press Publishing
View College Page