611 N. Fountain Street
Cape Girardeau MO 63701
Connie L. Hebert
Sr. Administrative Assistant
Camp Connect 2012- June 18 to 22
Families are responsible for payment prior to receiving services. This applies to any fee for services provided by the Clinicians employed by the University at the Autism Center. The University Autism Center follows all Southeast Missouri State University Billing and Collections procedures and policies.
Methods of Payment Accepted
- Payment in full by Cash, Check or Charge.
- Payments made by arrangement through University Student Financial Services. Autism Center staff will refer you to the appropriate financial counselor if you are interested in establishing a payment agreement.
- Billing to Insurance Carriers or other third party agencies. We anticipate being able to bill insurance carriers beginning August 1, 2010.
Our Resource Library is available to any person interested in autism (parents, students, teachers, professionals, etc). If you Request an item by using the search feature here on our website, you will receive an email letting you know when the book will be available for pick up. No books will be mailed. If you do not receive an email within 2 business days, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
News & Updates
Missouri Publishes First Guidelines for ASD Screening, Diagnosis, Assessment
For the past 18 months, a statewide group of professionals and parents has worked collaboratively to develop and publish Autism Spectrum Disorders: Missouri Best Practices for Screening, Diagnosis, and Assessment. The project is sponsored by the Thompson Foundation for Autism and the Division of Developmental Disabilities, Missouri Department of Mental Health.
Driven by the knowledge that children’s outcomes and families’ lives are greatly improved with earlier diagnosis and treatment of ASDs, one of the Initiative’s key goals was to work from the most current research to facilitate the critical first steps of screening, diagnosis, and assessment. Tailored specifically for Missouri, the Guidelines are intended to help clinicians, families, educators and service providers with informed decision-making.
The Guidelines can be downloaded at no cost at http://www.autismguidelines.dmh.mo.gov.
Healing Thresholds Article
The Autism Center for Diagnosis and Treatment, Tailor Institute, Touchpoint Autism Services, and Thompson Outreach Center were recently highlighted on Healing Thresholds: Missouri Autism Center Seeks to Share Resources with Other Autism Centers.
Sen. Jason Crowell Champions Autism in SE Missouri
- Funding for new 11,500 square foot Autism Center (pdf)
- Funding for Operations of the Autism Center for Diagnosis and Treatment
- Appointments to the Governor's Commission on Autism Spectrum Disorders