Guidelines & Procedures
I. Conferral of Title
The title "Regent Emeritus" or "Regent Emerita" may be granted by Resolution of the Board of Regents to those individuals who have served as members of Southeast Missouri State University's governing board and the quality of whose service is deserving of this distinction.
II. Membership in the Regent Emeriti Society
Designation as a Regent Emeritus or Regent Emerita automatically confers membership in the Regent Emeriti Society.
III. Mission of the Regent Emeriti Society
The purposes and mission of the Regent Emeriti Society shall be:
- to continue the members' long association with the University and former colleagues in mutually beneficial ways, without any other commitment.
- to enable the members to continue to contribute their expertise to the university community.
- to facilitate the ability of members to continue their support of worthwhile activities of the University and its associated organizations such as the Foundation and the Alumni Association.
- to facilitate the ability of members to support the University in its relations with Missouri State Government.
IV. Initial Membership
Upon adoption of this policy, all living former members of the Board of Regents shall be designated Regent Emeritus or Regent Emerita and shall become members of the Society. Sitting members of the Board of Regents shall not become members of the Regent Emeriti Society until the expiration of their terms, but shall be entitled to attend all meetings of the Society.
The title "Regent Emeritus" or "Regent Emerita" shall be conferred upon those who have retired from the Board or resigned after completing at least three years as a Regent.
VI. Organization and Agenda of the Regent Emeriti Society
The President of the Board of Regents shall serve ex-officio as chair of the Regent Emeriti Society, which shall have no other officers or organizational structure. Meetings of the Emeriti Society shall be called by the chair at least once each year, and the agenda of such meetings shall be established by the chair after conferring with the other members of the Board of Regents.
VII. Methods of Recognition and Benefits of Membership in the Regent Emeriti Society
Recognition of those persons granted Regent Emeritus or Regent Emerita status may be made in one or more of the following ways:
- A token of appreciation, such as a plaque or medallion.
- A resolution of thanks from the Board of Regents.
- Extension of special courtesies, such as:
- On-campus parking permit
- Library privileges
- Admission to cultural programs and athletic events
- Eligibility to attend social and ceremonial functions
- An annual dinner or reception to which all Regents Emeriti are invited.
|Last Name||First Name||City||State|
|Dickerson||Donald L.||Cape Girardeau||Missouri|
|Hecht||Martin D.||Cape Girardeau||Missouri|
|Kasten||Mary C.||Cape Girardeau||Missouri|
|Limbaugh||James P.||Cape Girardeau||Missouri|
|Long||Sarah J.||Poplar Bluff||Missouri|
|Matthews III||Edward C.||Sikeston||Missouri|
|Spradling III||Al||Cape Girardeau||Missouri|
|Washington Vaughn||Patricia||St. Louis||Missouri|