As a campus dedicated to wellness, Southeast Missouri State University is proud to
share MyStudentBody (MSB) with our new students. The MSB Essentials Course provides
online education about alcohol, drugs and sexual violence with interactive tools and
personalized health information. The goal of the course is to increase knowledge,
decrease harmful behaviors, and provide information to help you and all of our students
make positive and responsible choices.
Completion of the MSB Essentials course may take up to 3 hours. It is possible to
break this time up and complete the course in segments if you wish.
All of your responses are completely confidential and will not be viewed by university
personnel. The university will be notified of your course status (i.e. not started,
in progress, completed) and the status date.
Important Information about Your Health and Safety
- Alcohol and Drug Use is Strictly Prohibited
- Southeast is a dry campus – no alcohol is allowed in any campus buildings, including
the residence halls.
- Possession or use of any illegal drug or use of prescription drugs without a valid
prescription is illegal.
- Students found in violation of these policies will be fined and required to complete
substance abuse prevention and education counseling.
- Avoid High-Risk Drinking Behavior. Despite what you may think, national data shows that most college students choose
to drink moderately or not at all.
- Report Incidents of Sexual Assault or Harassment
The University encourages the reporting of all incidents of sexual assault or harassment.
Deciding whether to report an incident is a personal and often difficult decision.
Reporting sexual assault is often the beginning of a process by which victims regain
control over their lives. Your report may also help in preventing future incidents.
The following options are available to you:
Report the Incident to Campus Police. Call 573-651-2911 (24-hour reporting line)
Report the Incident to a Campus Violence Prevention Outreach Coordinator: Call 573-986-6191
- STEP UP! There may be times when you need to stop being an observer and act/react in some
way. You have the power to protect your peers and to assist them when they are in
need. Intervene when you can do so safely and notify a university official immediately.
My Student Body Technical Requirements and Assistance
- You must have Adobe Flash, RealAudio, and Adobe Acrobat Reader to run or view course
content. These standard browsers and plug-ins are readily available on most web-enabled
computers in the U.S.
- International students may have difficulty accessing the site from their home countries.
In this case, these students should wait until arriving on campus to complete the
- For assistance, click “Site Help” at the bottom of every screen on MyStudentBody to
get answers to common questions or email email@example.com. You can also contact the Dean of Students Office at 573-651-2264 for assistance.
Who is Required to take the Course?
All incoming first-year and transfer students are required to complete the MSB Essentials Course before the semester begins or before they move on campus. The course must be completed to register for a subsequent semester.
Students who join a Greek organization (fraternity or sorority) are required to complete
the MSB Essentials Course before joining the organization.
Students may be required by their UI100 instructors to submit a Certificate of Completion.
The certificate can be printed from the MyStudentBody website.
- Go to www.mystudentbody.com and click “REGISTER HERE” to create your account.
- Please complete these fields on the Registration page:
- Southeast Email address Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create a password
- Retype your password
- School code redhawks
- Choose and answer two security questions.
- Provide the last four digits of your Social Security Number and your date of birth.
- Click on the button that says “I accept. Continue.” to agree with the Terms and Conditions.
- Answer the Personal Profile and Demographic Questions. You will be asked for your
Student ID number (your ID number is listed above).
- To complete the Essentials Course, select “Take Now” under the Essentials header.
Complete each of the three course sections: Alcohol, Drugs and Sexual Violence.
- Once you complete the course, you will be asked to complete a survey, and then you
can claim your certificate of completion. You will then be taken to the “My Stuff”
page. You can print additional certificates if needed.