(3-Minute Repeated Broken Tones)
If the evacuation of a building becomes necessary, the siren will sound with repeated broken tones that continue for 3 minutes. This means you should evacuate as quickly as possible. In these instances, the sound of the siren may be followed by public address messages.
Things to remember about building evacuations
- Be familiar with marked exits from buildings you frequent.
- Learn where the building assembly areas are. They are marked on building evacuation routes.
- Remain calm as you walk to the building assembly areas. Tell others to do the same.
- Help those in need of assistance.
- Once outside, move away from the building to the assembly area.
- Do not use elevators in case of fire.
- Do not return to an evacuated building unless directed to do so.
- Do not leave the scene unless you have told someone you are leaving. Missing persons can become a serious concern.
For additional information regarding building evacuation, contact your building coordinator.