The Vision and Mission of Our Office
The Vision of the Office of Disability Services is to foster and develop an academic environment that is accessible and equitable to all, regardless of disability, race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender, age, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status. Through the provision of services and programs both in person and online, the Office of Disability Services strives to develop and retain students at Southeast through:
- Provision of programs that put student success at the center of focus;
- Assisting members of the campus community to achieve to their highest personal potential;
- Fostering a sense of personal responsibility and commitment to growth;
- Development of transferable skills in and out of the academic setting;
- Consultation for campus and community regarding accessibility;
- Provision of training opportunities to increase and expand one’s ability to reduce barriers; and
- Advocacy for at-risk students.
The Mission of Disability Services is to provide resources and assistance to students and to assist them in finding academic and personal success.
Disability Services is the institutionally recognized program designated to provide both federally mandated services as well as proactive services for students with disabilities, by ensuring equal access. By providing leadership, advocacy, resources, mediation, and guidance to students with disabilities, Disability Services assists students with identifying barriers to their success and thus identifying ways to address those barriers.