The Department of Elementary, Early, and Special Education provides programs for the preparation of teachers at the undergraduate level, and the improvement of teaching at the master's degree level. See the Graduate Bulletin for listing of all advanced programs. Included at both undergraduate and graduate levels are Elementary Education (grades 1-6).At the undergraduate level, there are programs in Early Childhood Education and Exceptional Child Education.The Exceptional Child Programs include cross categorical preparation. The Early Childhood Education program provides instruction for birth-grade 3.
- Early Childhood Education (B.S.Ed.)
- Elementary Education (B.S.Ed.)
- Exceptional Child (B.S.Ed.)
Sample degree sheets for each of the following areas of certification may be accessed by clicking on the appropriate link.
- B.S. in Early Childhood Education
- B.S. in Elementary Education (Grades 1-6)
- B.S. in Exceptional Child Education/Cross-Categorical Certification
For those seeking alternative certification in Special Education click here http://online.semo.edu/altcert/
For more information please visit our Graduate School Areas of Study.