Honors Contract Information and Contract Form
- What is an honors contract?
- What do I need to do to complete an honors contract?
- Honors Contract Form
The summer 2013 deadline for submission of the honors contract form with signatures is the midpoint of the summer session in which you are enrolled. For instance, if your class is in the eight-week session, then the deadline is at the end of the fourth week of the eight-week session.
While enrolling in an honors class is the preferred method of receiving honors credit, an honors contract may be completed to receive honors credit for a non-honors class. Some honors students find it difficult to enroll in an honors class during a particular semester due to scheduling conflicts, etc. However, they want to remain actively involved in and complete the Jane Stephens Honors Program. Thus, an honors contract (additional assignments, activities, or projects determined by the professor and you) helps solve this problem.
The process to complete an honors contract and receive honors credit for a non-honors class is straightforward.
- Enroll in a class taught by a member of the honors faculty.
- At the beginning of the semester, meet with your professor and ask if he or she is willing to sponsor your honors contract.
- Plan your honors assignments/activities/projects with your professor and begin working on them.
- In collaboration with your professor, complete the Honors Contract Form.
- Finish your assignments/activities/projects by the date determined by your professor.
- Enjoy remaining actively involved in the Stephens Honors Program and receiving honors credit hours.
The Honors Contract Form (electronic version) is the preferred form since it eliminates the need for paper copies. If you are using Adobe Reader 8 or a later version, then you can complete the appropriate sections, save the form and e-mail it as an attachment to the next person on the signature list. The form requires digital signatures. If you do not have a digital signature, click instructions for creating a digital signature for pdf documents. A Windows-based computer is needed for the electronic version since Adobe digital signatures are not supported by Mac operating systems.
For Mac users and those preferring paper copies, you may use the Honors Contract Form (paper version).
If you have questions, please contact Dr. Craig Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org or (573) 651-2513. Several student workers have completed honors contracts and will be glad to answer your questions as well.