The Vision and Mission of Our Office
The Vision of the Office of Learning Assistance Programs (LAP) is to foster and develop an academic environment that is accessible and equitable to all, regardless of disability, race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender, age, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status. Through the provision of services and programs both in person and online, the Office of Learning Assistance Programs strives to develop and retain students at Southeast through:
- Provision of programs that put student success at the center of focus;
- Fostering a sense of personal responsibility and commitment to growth;
- Development of transferable skills in and out of the academic setting; and
- Advocacy for at-risk students.
The Mission of the Office of Learning Assistance Programs (LAP) is to provide services to enhance both academic and personal enrichment skills through an holistic approach. The office provides direct services and resources through in-person and online programming to assist students in the development of their critical thinking skills, and to support their educational goals and attainment.
- Help students become independent and active learners;
- Foster independence, responsibility and student success;
- Promote critical thinking;
- Focus on retention based programming and services.