A limited number of assistantships are available for qualified students in the Harrison College of Business. The Graduate School requires students applying for an assistantship to present a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.7. The assistantship provides a stipend plus a waiver of all fees.
The purpose of a Graduate Assistantship is intended to support the recruitment of highly qualified students into the graduate program. A secondary purpose is to support current students who have demonstrated outstanding success in the graduate work they have completed.
Graduate Assistantship in the Harrison College of Business
For those individuals seeking a graduate assistantship in the Harrison College of Business the following items are required:
- Admission to the Graduate School and the MBA Program.
- Current Resume.
- Letter of Application, which includes information, related to the following: previous academic performance, business experience, computer processing and programming skills, statistical knowledge, and literature research experience. Please include the web address of your You-Tube video (see next bullet.)
- Personal interview with MBA Director and personal video on You-Tube providing answer to two questions: 1. Why are you applying for a GA position; 2. What are the unique skills you bring to a GA position? (If it is not possible to interview personally with director, the You-Tube video will be sufficient.)
MBA Selection Process
- Application and Acceptance letter on file
- Transcript on file
- GPA (Academic Performance - Undergraduate and/or Current Graduate GPA).
- Skills and Experiences (on resume)
- Business Experience
- Computer Skills
- Statistical Skills
- Library Skills
- Writing Skills
- Full-time students (Enrolled in at least 9 hours and maintaining good academic standing as explained in General Provision #1 in the Graduate Bulletin).
- Graduate Assistants are not to take more than 12 hours per semester.
- A regular 9 month academic year (Fall, Spring) commitment, including an annual written evaluation by supervisor.
- This academic research assistantship will include a written evaluation completed by the assistant's immediate supervisor at the conclusion of the contract period.