BA658 Business Internship Course Syllabus
Note: International Students must contact International Programs school officials before enrolling in an internship experience.
- Catalog Description and Credit Hours of Course:
A supervised field experience in business involving at least 150 supervised contract hours. (3)
Successful completion of 18 hours in the Masters of Business Administration Program and approval of the Director of Graduate Programs in Business.
- Purposes or Objectives of the Course:
- To provide students with an opportunity to observe, study, and participate in solving specific business problems for an existing organization.
- To enhance the student's ability to apply theory and principles from business to "real-world" situations.
- To provide the student an opportunity to develop interpersonal skills in working with a business and/or business professional.
- To assist the student in developing professional attitudes.
- To create a greater appreciation for the complexities of business problems.
- To assist the student in understanding how to develop effective team relationships to accomplish activities assigned.
- The student is expected to participate in discussions which focus on the business problem addressed in the internship.
- The student is expected to supplement the field experience with appropriate readings.
- The student is required to participate in all field experiences as outlined by the professor supervising this internship.
- The student is required to provide an oral and written report/case study pertaining to the specific businessproblem under study to the professor and business executives involved.
- The student is expected to complete a minimum of 150 hours of supervised contact.
The course content will be established for each student by the professor within the parameters of the business problem(s) under study.
No textbook. Selected reading materials will be assigned for each student, depending upon the business problem involved.
Oral and Written Reports/Case Studies(60%)
Participation in Field Experiences(40%)
Please print the following forms for your Internship Experience: