Step-by-Step Admission Requirements
- You must first apply and be accepted to Southeast Missouri State University, indicating “pre-nursing” as your major.
- You must have completed a baccalaureate degree in order to apply.
- You must complete anatomy & physiology I and II, chemistry and microbiology before beginning any nursing courses. The fourth of these sciences must be completed or in progress on the date application is made.
- You must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 to be considered for admission to the program. The process is competitive in nature and is based on overall college GPA, with the required sciences given additional weight.
- The second class has been admitted for fall 2011 and the third class will be admitted January 2013.
- An acknowledgement e-mail will be sent within 30 days of receiving your application. If you do not receive this letter, please call (573) 651-2585. You will then be notified by mail following decisions concerning your admission.