Admission Process for RN-BSN Online Program
The admission process for the RN to BSN Online Program is a two-part process, requiring separate applications to both the University and the Nursing Department. Our online program specialist, Cindy Parker, is happy to help you through the admissions process. You can contact her at 573-651-2766 or email@example.com.
University Application (New Students)
- Apply online at http://www.semo.edu/admissions/apply.htm
- When selecting your major please make sure to select Nursing RN-BSN.
- Request official transcripts be sent to Southeast from all colleges or universities you have attended. Have them mailed to:
Southeast Missouri State University
Office of Admissions
One University Plaza, MS 3550
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
After Acceptance to the University
Following your acceptance to the University, an advisor from the Southeast Online office will review your transcripts and inform you whether or not you have the prerequisites necessary for admission to the RN-BSN Online program. All or nearly all non-nursing courses must have been completed before the student will be considered for admission to the program. An overview of the prerequisites and requirements needed for admission to the program can be found at Prerequisites and Requirements for the RN-BSN Online Program
In addition, you must:
- Complete the Application Form at RN-BSN Online Student ApplicationFax to (573) 651-2859. Note: Do not complete and fax this application until notified to do so by Southeast Online Advisor.
- Have a Cumulative GPA of 2.8 that is indicated on your Southeast Missouri State University Detailed Degree Audit. To access your Degree Audit, click the Student tab in your MySoutheast account and then click on DegreeWorks Student.
- Prited Resume (professional work as a Registered Nurse). Fax to (573) 651-2859.
- Copy of current RN License in the state nursing is practiced. Fax to (573) 651-2859.
- Meet all requirements in "Certified Background Check". A code will be given to you to subscribe to this serviece once 1 through 4 above have been received by the Southeast online advisor and forwarded to the Department of Nursing.
- If you are a student in or a graduate of an Associatie's Degree program and would like to know which courses will transfer, please follow this link: Nursing Self-Review of Transcripts