October 7, 1997
MINUTES OF ACADEMIC COUNCILPresent:
- Buis, Bergerson, Buckenmeyer, Dahiya, Hinni, Jones, Kogge, McDougall, McGowan, Nahikian-Nelms, Shaw (presiding), and Stennis-Williams
- Jack Sterrett
B. Action Items
- Masters of Natural Science - Science Education Emphasis: McDougall moved and McGowan seconded approval. McGowan reviewed the program curriculum. After brief discussion, the motion passed unanimously.
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology: Jones moved and McGowan seconded approval. Shaw reviewed the background of the program and curriculum. The motion passed unanimously.
- Visual Communications name change to Technical Graphics: McGowan moved and Kogge seconded approval. The motion passed unanimously.
- Option in Computer Numerical Control Machining; Jones moved and Nahikian-Nelms seconded approval. Shaw reviewed the program and identified three new courses that would be developed for the option. The motion passed unanimously.
- Minor in Entrepreneurship: McDougall moved and Buckenmeyer seconded approval. Jack Sterrett reviewed the program. Discussion followed. Kogge expressed concern that the minor was only available to students who complete a business major. Jones and Stennis-Williams expressed the desire for more time to review the proposal. Stennis-Williams moved and Kogge seconded to table the motion. The motion to table passed with 5 yes and 4 no votes. Copies of the complete proposal are to be mailed to the council members from the Provost Office.