November 6, 2012
Academic Council (approved December 4, 2012)
Present: Aguinaga, Barrios, Dowdy, Eddleman, Fluegge Woolf, Fritsche, Hinkle, Lilly, McGowan, Roeder, Rogers-Adkinson, Randolph (for Bruns), Rosati, Ruediger, and Timlin
Guests: Joe Pujol
A. MINUTES: Upon a motion by McGowan; seconded by Eddleman, the minutes of October 2, 2012, were unanimously approved.
B. ACTION ITEMS:
1. Entrepreneurship Minor – Curriculum Revisions/Offering Program Online
Eddleman moved approval of offering the Entrepreneurship minor completely online; seconded by Rogers-Adkinson. Fluegge Woolf explained that the program was moving online to reach a wider variety of students. The slight change to the courses in the minor is an effort in providing all online courses. In addition, the department wanted to insure those courses offered would provide a good foundation for the students. Motion passed unanimously.
2. MS Organization Management – Offering Program Online
Eddleman moved approval of offering the Master of Science in Organizational Management online; seconded by Rogers-Adkinson. Fluegge Woolf explained this is a change in method of delivery, not a program change. Motion to formalize this program online passed unanimously.
3. MA Higher Education Administration – Athletic Administration Focus Curriculum Revisions/Title Change from Athletic Administration to Sport Management
McGowan moved approval of curriculum revisions to and a focus title change in the Master of Arts in Higher Education Administration, from Athletic Administration focus to Sport Management focus; seconded by Eddleman. Pujol explained this would include the addition of one class. The changes will hopefully strengthen the program and help with overall enrollment. Motion was passed unanimously.
C. DISCUSSION ITEMS:
1. Eddleman mentioned that the Graduate Studies website is being updated. An email went out a week ago asking for updates for the website. He encouraged everyone to submit their updates as soon as possible.
2. Eddleman also mentioned a clearinghouse being set up on the Graduate Studies website to advertise openings for Graduate Assistants. He asked anyone with openings to submit them to the Graduate Studies office.
Motion to adjourn made by Eddleman; seconded by McGowan. Meeting adjourned.