Recreation Services is the employer of choice for most Southeast Students. From Personal Trainers, to Intramural Sports Officials, Activity Attendants and Facility Supervisors, we have a variety of employment opportunities with flexible hours to fit any busy student's schedule. Click here for a Recreation Services Employment Application.
Return the completed application to the main office (room 101) at the SRC-North. Thank you for considering Rec Services!
Intramural Sports Officials
All you need to do to become an intramural sports official is attend the introductory meeting and training sessions for each sport you wish to work. Starting pay for Intramural Sports Officials is $7.25. Bring a Picture ID and either your Social Security Card or Birth Certificate. For a listing of training dates, visit the Intramural Sports Official's page. Contact Jen Rose at (573) 986-7379 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Why Consider Employment with the Department of Recreation Services?
The Department of Recreation Services is one of the largest employers of students on campus. In 2011, we employed over 140 different students to assist us in the many programs and facilities that we manage. In the past 10 years, we have paid out over $1,000,000 to SEMO students in the form of salary for positions we administer. Many students feel that they can work close to their residence hall, off-campus apartment, etc. We are “close to home” and provide an assortment of hours (we are operational 5 a.m.-11 p.m. most days of the week and almost the same amount of hours over the weekend!) to students.
Are We Looking For You?
We are looking for SEMO students (you must be enrolled in at least six credit hours) who may possess the of following traits:
- Self motivated
- Customer service experience
- A friendly demeanor
- experience working with children
- Experience working with patrons of all ages
- Likes to smile!
- Ability to work over school breaks
These are just some of the traits that current student employees have with Recreation Services. Do you have most of these skills? If so, we would like to speak with you!
What’s In It For you?
As an employee with Recreation Services, the benefits are many:
- Most positions start at minimum wage, but selected positions make much more hourly.
- A yearly merit raise in salary. The longer you stay with us, the more you earn!
- Scheduling flexibility – we are open many hours in several different facilities.
- Ease of getting to work – we are on campus and close to many off-campus apartments.
- The ability to work with a diverse population and “hone” your overall customer service skills.
- Paid training in most situations (including mandatory CPR/AED training and sometimes first aid certification!)
How to Apply
Steps for Applying for Employment:
- Complete an application.
- Verify your ability to be employed (Driver’s license, original social security card are required. A passport will also work!).
- Complete any paperwork as required by the Office of Student Financial Services (tax paperwork, etc.)