Student Recreation Center – North
The Student Recreation Center – North is located at 750 New Madrid – just west of the Show-Me Center. The approximately 93,000-square-foot facility consists of
- a large weight room (free weights and a series of selectorized units)
- two areas of cardiovascular equipment (Upper Cardio and Lower cardio)
- televisions with capabilities of hearing what you watch on a personal headset
- fiveracquetball courts
- five full basketball courts
- the possibility of seven full volleyball courts
- multi-purpose rooms
- locker rooms and changing facilities
- a group exercise studio
- 30-foot rock climbing wall
Administrative offices for the Department of Recreation Services are housed in this facility as well.
Our lower cardio area features:
- 2 Cybex Total Body Arc Trainers
- 2 Cybex Lower Body Arc Trainers
- 2 StarTrac Upper & Lower Body Ellipticals
- 2 StarTrac Lower Body Ellipticals
- 4 Cybex Treadmills
- 2 StarTrac Upright Exercise Bicycles
Our upper cardio area (located in the East Gym) features:
- 5 StarTrac Treadmills
- 3 StarTrac Lower Body Ellipticals
- 2 StarTrac Step Machines
- 1 StairMaster Step Machines
- 2 StarTrac Recumbent Exercise Bicycles
- 2 Concept 2 Rowing Machines
- 1 Schwin Cycling Bike
Our four lane, 200-yard indoor track features a Mondo running surface.
5 racquetball courts are located in the East Gym. 3 of our courts have glass back walls.
Available at other times for:
- Student Organizations
- Faculty/Staff Departments
- SRC Member Groups
- Church Groups
- Birthday Parties
- Other possibilities
Wall reservation information
There is a two hour minimum and two weeks notice required (unless specific arrangements have been made in advance.)
Cost: $48 per hour for climbing wall only.(2 hour minimum.); $60 per hour for climbing wall and one court space. (2 hour minimum.)
Contact Eric Redinger, (573) 651-2652,
or Mike Buck, (573) 651-2582, to make a reservation.
Come to the wall now! There are over 50 individually rated routes. If you are the first to climb it...you can name it whatever you want (within reason, of course).
Read about the rating system used, or check our example guidebook for named routes.
Although most of the belaying at the wall is "top-roped", if you get certified by Eric you can try one of four different "lead route" areas. Contact Eric Redinger if you have any questions.
Added in 1999, the West Gym features two collegiate sized basketball courts that can also be used for volleyball.
- Multi-Purpose Rooms
- Group Fitness Studio
Our group fitness studio features a cushioned wood floor designed to reduce impact. Feel the music coming out of our audio system as you ride on one of our 15 indoor cycling bikes.
- Conference Room
Large enough to seat 20, the Conference Room is perfect for meetings and seminars.
- Equipment Check-Out
The Student Recreation Centers offers a variety of FREE and rentable sports equipment for students and members. The items include basketballs, weight belts, cones, volleyball standards, and much more! We also sell racquetballs, badminton birdies, nutrition bars, batteries, headsets, an apparel loop service (we can do your laundry for you!), and much more….
- Pro Shop
Reserve this facility for a club event or party.