This course uses American Red Cross instruction in basic lifeguarding skills. Topics to be covered include care for injuries, illness and medical emergencies. Skills of water rescue will also be taught, emphasizing pool lifeguarding only. Lifeguarding courses are conducted by American Red Cross lifeguarding instructors. Course completion does not guarantee employment. This is a 30-hour course. Registration is at the Student Recreation Center-North main office.
- 15 years of age
- 300-yard swim, (100 yards of front crawl using rhythmic breathing and a stabilizing, propellant kick; 100 yards of breaststroke using a pull, breathe, kick and glide sequence; 100 yards of either the front crawl or breaststroke or a combination of front crawl and breaststroke)
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7-10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound brick, return to the surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps, with 1 minute, 40 seconds.
Sesson 1 Schedule
- 4 p.m. - 9 p.m., Friday, Sept. 14
- 7 a.m. - 6 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 15
- 7 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 16
- Session 1 Registration Deadline:Thursday, Sept. 13
Session 2 Schedule
- 4 - 9 p.m., Friday, Nov. 16
- 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 17
- 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 18
- Session 2 Registration Deadline: Thursday, Nov. 15
Lifeguard Training Recertification Courses
Don’t put it off any longer! If your current Lifeguard Training/First Aid and/or your CPR for the ProfessionalRescuer/AED certifications are on the verge of expiring, we can get you recertified. To schedule a course contactChad Sierman at (573) 651-2290.
Fees:Students $80Non-Student $100
To Register:Stop by the Recreation Services office located in the Student Recreation Center-North (Room 101). Paymentmethods include university charge, check, cash, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover). Payment isrequired at the time of registration to ensure enrollment in the class selected. No phone registration is available.
Stop by the Recreation Services office located in the Student Recreation Center-North (Room 101). Paymentmethods include university charge, check, cash, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover). Payment isrequired at the time of registration to ensure enrollment in the class selected. No phone registration is available.