Rec Services Mission Statement:
“Recreation Services at Southeast Missouri State University is dedicated to providing
quality facilities, innovative programs, and services that meet the diverse recreational
needs of the University community. We strive to enhance the quality of life, increase
socialization, and encourage lifelong recreation.”
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
- All physical activities that are sponsored by Recreation Services are on a voluntary
participant basis and carry various degrees of risk of injury.
- Each participant is responsible to determine whether he/she has the proper fitness
level to participate in activity at the sponsored by Recreation Services.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to consult with their health care provider(s)
before starting any exercise program.
- By voluntarily participating in Recreation Services programs/facilities, participants
assume all risk for any harm or injury sustained.
- Consider the consequences of your actions and do not engage in behavior that may harm
other patrons or damage equipment.
It is strongly recommended that you have a medical examination and physician approval
prior to engaging in any physical activity with regards to any recreational facility/program.
All risk is implied when participating in Recreation Services activities/programs/facilities.
Please Observe the Facility Rules and Guidelines
Recreation Services’ dress code is designed to create a welcoming, inclusive, and
safe environment for all members by using appropriate clothing as a barrier to prevent
disease and infection. A shirt and non-marking athletic shoes are required in all
areas except for the Locker Rooms and Student Aquatic Center.
The following dress code is strictly enforced:
All points must be met for clothing to be compliant:
Appropriate Upper Body Wear
- Tops must be worn at all time and should cover, at a minimum, your sides/torso, chest,
back, and midriff. No sheer or see-through material.
- Sports bras must be covered by a shirt or tank top that follows the guidelines above.
- Clothing with profane language, inappropriate subjects, etc. are not permitted to
be worn in the facility. SRC staff has the final say in determining appropriate clothing.
Appropriate Lower Body Wear
- Clothing without rivets, metal, or exposed zippers (no denim or khaki material).
- Must fully cover the buttocks and private areas.
- Close-toed, close-heeled, and non-marking athletic shoe that covers the entire foot.
- Minimalist shoes that meet this criteria are allowed.
- In some approved SRC activities, participants may be asked to remove footwear for
the safety of the participant.
- One and two-piece bathing suits, board shorts, wet suits, and rash guards that cover
the buttocks and private areas.
- Clean mesh athletic shorts may be worn over a manufactured swim suit that meets the
Other Rules and Guidelines
- Patrons must enter the SRC through the main entrance, which houses the operation center,
and check in with staff prior to use.
- All users must present a valid ID or membership card to gain entrance to the SRC.
- Non-members must pay a $5.00 per person daily guest fee. Children 12 months and younger
- Use of an invalid ID or someone else’s identification is prohibited, violators will
be dismissed from the facility.
- Assisting others in unauthorized entry into the SRC, such as opening an exit door,
will result in the dismissal of both parties.
- Users may not use University recreational facilities or programs (indoor or outdoor)
for personal gain. For example, outside personal training, teaching private instruction,
sales, and solicitation are prohibited in the SRC.
- Items that are not attached to your person such as bags, purses, or other personal
items must be stowed in the provided lockers throughout the SRC.
- The use of any photographic device, including but not limited to: cameras, phones,
and wearable technology is prohibited inside the SRC. Request for use can be made
by approval of Recreation Services. Violators will be turned over to the judicial
office on campus.
- Personal headsets are welcome, but the use of radios/portable stereos or amplified
sound is not permitted in any Recreation Services facility without prior approval.
- Food and chewing gum are prohibited in the weight room and in fitness areas. All glass
containers are prohibited.
- All bicycles, roller blades, skateboards, hoverboards, etc. are prohibited within
- Pets are not allowed in the facility, unless approved by Recreation Services. Service
animals are permitted in the facility.
- In accordance with the Southeast Missouri State University’s policies, alcohol and
illegal drugs/paraphernalia are prohibited on campus. Individuals may not use the
facility while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Students and visitors are not allowed to possess weapons on campus, including firearms,
rifles, shotguns, archery equipment, knives, etc.
- Disorderly conduct, abuse of the facility, equipment, or staff. and/or disregard for
the SRC guidelines could result in immediate dismissal from the facility.
- Members or guests asked to leave by the staff will not be refunded any paid charges.
- SRC staff reserves the right to implement any rules or guidelines that protect the
health, safety, and well-being of the facility and its users.
- Students using the SRC must abide by all University policies and procedures as well
as SRC rules.
Student Recreation Center & Student Aquatic Center Family Hours: Friday at 4:00pm-Sunday at 8:00pm during normal operational hours. *Family Hours apply anytime the facility is open during summer break.
- Guests 15 and younger are prohibited from entering the Student Recreation Center &
Student Aquatic Center except during Family Hours or contracted rentals (swim practices,
- Guests 15 years and younger are prohibited to use any of the SRC weight/fitness areas
and equipment and must be in direct vicinity of a parent/guardian at all times.
- Parents/guardians are prohibited from using weight/fitness areas and equipment while
supervising guests 15 years and younger.
- Individuals 16 years or older must purchase their own membership or a daily guest
- Each member/student may bring their dependent(s) (15 years and younger) into the facility
at no charge during family hours.
- One adult is required for supervision per every three children (15 years and younger).
The Recreation Services is not responsible for any lost or stolen personal belongings.
It is highly recommended that you rent a day-use or long term locker to store your
valuables. Semester and Day Use locker rental is available at the Operation Center.