The Many Ways we Help Students Return Their Books on Time
We provide the services needed to allow students to return textbooks 24/7 during finals week. Please read on for times and locations.
- We send a postcard to each student; we use the address that the University currently has in its database. If your address has changed, please contact the student financial aid office or change it through your Southeast Portal.
- We include a handy bookmark in each book when it is checked out in person, or sent in the mail. Our bookmark includes our Rental Policy, shipping address, our website and contact information.
- Our return policy is stated on the back of the receipt and the due date can be found on the front of the receipt.
- Return dates are listed on the University and Academic calendar.
- We chalk the sidewalks around campus with reminders. (weather permitting)
- We have a BIG RED DROP BOX available for after hours and on the weekend prior to Monday’s due date.
- Can be mailed with a postmark of the date due—with no cause to send it next day- as long as it is postmarked on or before the due date, it will not be considered late. Please obtain a tracking number for your protection.
- You can return books at any regional campus, regardless of where they took classes.
- You can return books at the front lobby at Towers during fall/spring semesters finals week and the hours are:8am till 5pm Monday-Thursday, and open 8am till 3pm on Friday.
- Return your Rental textbooks from 7:30am till 5:00pm Monday – Friday at Textbook Rental main campus location, during finals week: Mon-Thurs. 7:30am-6:00pm., Friday 7:30am-5pm.
- Anyone can return them, we suggest that they have your Student Identification number (S0#) so we can see if anything is still checked out, but an ID is not necessary to return books.
- Each book has the return date on the book label on the front of each book.
- Return information can be found on our website www.semo.edu/textbookrental
- You can call us and we will be happy to answer any questions at 573-651-2236