School of Visual & Performing Arts Scholarship
Renewable, talent-based award for Theatre & Dance majors. AUDITION IS REQUIRED.
Available to beginning freshmen with academic promise and artistic talent. This scholarship varies in amount up to a maximum of $1,500 annually and may be combined with the University Scholarship ($500 maximum annual value when combined). To receive this award:
- Complete the Department of Theatre & Dance Scholarship Application. Priority consideration for applications received by Dec. 1, but applications will be accepted until March 1.
- Achieve a minimum SAT score of 990, a minimum of 21 ACT, and a minimum of a 3.0 high school GPA.
- Major or minor in Art, Music, Theatre or Dance; or n the case of performance areas, pursue active participation as defined by the department.
- Demonstrate artistic promise judged by the Theatre & Dance department.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 after six semesters.
- Reside in on-campus housing for the first two years.
- Enroll in and successfully complete at least 15 hours of course credit each semester and actively participate in Theatre & Dance productions.
This scholarship is renewable each year up to a maximum of four consecutive academic years. To renew, you must maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average in courses taken at Southeast and complete a minimum of 30 credit hours per academic year at Southeast. Southeast summer hours taken in the same academic year may be used to meet renewal criteria. Renewal also requires approval of the academic department chairperson.
For more information, contact: