Department of Theatre and Dance Workship
(Renewable each semester)
Full Workship = 16 hours/week: $1000
Half Workship = 8 hours/week: $500
- Preferably major in Theatre & Dance (B.A. or B.F.A. Program).
- Maintain an overall University GPA of 2.0 or higher
(Note: BFA majors must maintain a 3.0 Departmental GPA).
- Have completed or be enrolled in TH231: Stagecraft I (for scene shop assistants) or to have completed or be enrolled in TH251: Costume Construction (for costume shop assistants).
- Maintain a regular work schedule each week in your assigned area (i.e., scenery/lighting, costume, or box office).
- Work all Departmental Saturday work-days during pre-production.
- Participate in all Departmental strikes.
- Assume leadership roles in reinforcing proper shop policies and techniques.
- Must be able to work during Shop Hours: 1-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Have a keen interest in and a strong commitment to producing high-quality work.
- Be prompt, maintain a good attendance record, and participate fully in all assigned positions.
- Work well with both peers and faculty and sustain acceptable progress in your assigned area.
- Continue to project the positive image of the University Theatre & Dance.
To apply, complete the Department of Theatre and Dance Scholarship Form