All new students interested in pursuing a major in dance (BFA or BA) are eligible
for a departmental scholarship. The scholarship application and audition is in conjunction
with the BFA Dance program admittance auditions. Visit the Auditions page for more information about the audition process.
Scholarship Audition Requirements
All applicants must have:
- filled out and submitted the Theatre and Dance application before the date of the
- applied to Southeast Missouri State University as a dance major in The Conservatory
of Theatre & Dance. In order for the department to offer a student a scholarship,
he/she must have been accepted into the University as a declared dance major.
- registered for Southeast AcademicWorks at semo.academicworks.com
All applicants in dance must:
- participate in the dance master classes
- present a 90 second dance solo in any style
All scholarship recipients must:
- have achieved an Enhanced ACT composite score of at least 21
- earned a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale)
- remain a major in The Conservatory of Theatre & Dance
- maintain a 2.5 cumulative Southeast grade point average
- maintain a 3.0 cumulative Dance grade point average
- complete 30 credit hours per academic year
- fulfill all duties to the best of her or his ability while maintaining a positive
and professional attitude
The Conservatory of Theatre and Dance offers generous scholarship support to students
and are renewable with acceptable progress.
Southeast Missouri State University provies a quality education at an affordable price
and has numerous scholarship and financial aid opportunities. University Scholarship
information can be found here.